Working for life
Since its very beginnings, Aguettant has always striven to meet the expectations of healthcare professionals, while bearing the patient in mind at all times too.
The group's ambitions have always remained intact through the different generations of Aguettants that have succeeded one another since 1880:
- To meet the population's priority healthcare needs by supplying essential medicines
- To cater for medical emergencies
- To facilitate access to essential medicines
- To innovate in order to improve care for patients and the practices of healthcare professionals
- To support medical progress in low-prevalence diseases
Define by the WHO, essential medicines meet the healthcare needs of the majority of the population. They are accessible to the greatest number and are essential to saving lives. They are considered to work for the benefit of the general interest, and have proven their efficacy and innocuity.
The mission of our quality teams consists of guaranteeing efficacy and safety for patients, who are our end customers.
Laboratoire Aguettant controls the quality of its products throughout their life cycle, from the reception of the raw materials to sales, in keeping with the regulatory demands in the 60 countries where we are present.
The company has several renewable pharmaceutical authorisations for all its French sites in Lyon, Champagne and Saint-Fons:
- the GMP certificate recognised by the European health agencies,
- ISO13485 certification,
- CE marking for products classified as medical devices
A quality policy in keeping with the regulations
The deployment of Laboratoire Aguettant’s quality policy is controlled and managed by the Quality Assurance department, in collaboration with all the players in the company.
The employees working in this department have three main missions:
- to guarantee the compliance of the company’s quality systems, in accordance with changes in French, European and international regulations,
- to liaise with the health authorities and customers on all questions of product quality (ANSM, GMED, etc.),
- to guarantee the compliance of the end products that are sold all over the world.
Our quality management system is defined, implemented and maintained by the System Quality Assurance Manager, who reports directly to the Quality Manager - Responsible Pharmacist of Laboratoire Aguettant.
PHARMACOVIGILANCE : controlling the safe use of medicines
Our pharmacovigilance team monitors the safety of our medicines and contributes to the prevention of the risk of adverse affects resulting from their use.
This department keeps records of any adverse affects reported by healthcare professionals and patients. It assesses the safety profile of the medicine on the basis of the collected data, takes any corrective measures that are necessary (precautions, contraindications, or even withdrawal of the product) and makes sure that healthcare professionals are informed of these measures.
In 2011, the laboratory joined TULIPE, the International Emergency and Solidarity by Healthcare Companies NGO.
This NGO provides the emergency kits donated by its members to populations in distress due to severe sanitary crises, natural disasters and conflicts.